THE HOME BUYING PROCESS
- Meet with a Realtor Rau: Discuss the type of home you’re looking for, including style, price, and location. Tip: Realtor Rau refers a high five over a handshake.
- The Buyer’s Advantage: As the home buyer, Realtor Rau’s commission is paid by the seller of the home in almost all circumstances. This means your representation costs you nothing!
- Get Pre-Approved: You will need pay stubs, W-2’s, and bank statements. Knowing what you can afford is crucial to a successful home shopping experience
- Search for Homes: The fun part! Realtor Rau will schedule showings and help you find the perfect home.
- Advanced Search: Not all real estate websites are the same. Realto Rau has tools and systems to ensure you see every available home that meets your criteria. Tip: homesbyrau.com has IDX (internet data exchange), a system that allows Realtor Rau to show MLS property listings to the public and it’s updated in real-time!
- Make an Offer: Realtor Rau will prepare your offer based on the price and terms you choose.
- Negotiation and Contract: It may take a few tries to get it just right, but hang in there. You’re on your way! This is when Realtor Rau flexes her negotiation skills.
- The Contract: In most cases the contract provides you with a timeline to obtain financing as well as time to inspect the physical condition of the home. Realtor Rau will inform you of all your rights and responsibilities related to the contract.
- Under Contract or In Escrow: You and the seller have agreed to the price and terms. The home is effectively held for you until closing.
- Final Details: Perform due diligence, order the appraisal, conduct an inspection, and review terms with the lender.
- Preparing for Closing: You will be finalizing your loan, reviewing documents, and discussing the findings from the inspection. Realtor Rau will manage this entire process for you.
- Closing: This is the transfer of funds and ownership. A title company or an attorney typically acts as an independent third party to facilitate the closing.
Read more: The Ultimate Guide For Buyers